Laid off after Whistleblowing HELP

Many many months ago, someone on the BOD came to me and asked me to tell all and be a whistleblower in order to protect 65 jobs. If not the company would be closed down. So I did.
I was assured my job would be safe-guarded, and when they brought in a new CEO he was told not to touch my job.

Yesterday, the new CEO called me into his office and told me he decided that he no longer needed an HR dept - those duties would be absorbed by the CFO - and here are some boxes, go pack up your stuff (at 4pm). When I got home, I called this BOD person and told her it was quite the kicker that she asked me to be a whistleblower to protect 65 ees jobs and then I end up by being laid off.... Her response "sorry I couldn't protect your job". What is this world coming to?

Any special advice from you all would be much appreciated. I have included my last post from several weeks ago - FYI.

Thanks again.PLEASE REPLY TO MY HOME EMAIL ADDRESS: [email]djacobs475@aol.com[/email]

"Update on Hostile Work Environment"
My old hostile work environment has been replaced by a new even more incidious one.

Last week the Chairman of the Board came in and replaced the old CEO and President. It was quite a surprise and shock to everyone here. The old CEO and President - the ones that were making it a hostile work environment for me - are still here - and were demoted to Sr. VP. The COB told us the co. lost $3Million in the last 2 years, despite increased sales.

What makes this so difficult for me is that they have been bad-mouthing me to the new CEO and have rallied their "good-old boys" to do the same.

On top of that, the old CEO threatened me. I wrote it up and gave it to the new CEO. He told me he still needed the old CEO and President because he still needed to get info from them.
I reminded him we have a zero policy. He told me if he investigated my complaint it would only escalate the old CEO's behavior, so I had no choice but to agree for him not to do so - but to keep my Memo confidential and in his files.

Any wise words of advice from my fellow forumites?

Thanks.

Comments