labor law posters

Our company purchases the labor law posters that have all the notices on one poster for both federal and state. We do this because of space limitations as well as to ensure we have all the posters that we are required to have. My question is, when these posters are updated and it seems they are quite often, are employers required to immediately post the revised notices? If we still have the old ones are we out of compliance? I hate to spend all that money on new posters when they change so often.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I use GNeil. Hopefully the company you purchase them from will tell you when one of the posters has changed significantly to require you to post a revision. Ignore all of those unofficial labor-office looking notices you receive telling you that your posters have expired and the feds are coming to haul you off unless you phone in an order today. Pay attention only to your provider-vendor and rely on their advice. If your vendor does not track this as they should, pick up the phone and call GNeil and ask them what's required in your state and they will fax you a notice. Do a search on the web for GNeil Companies. I ain't pluggin' em, just a satisfied customer for years. As to the few state-required ones that are in addition to the 5-in-1, you'll have to check with the various agencies.
  • Again I support "Dandy Don's" words of wisdom and experience. I too am a satisfied customer of GNeil, if their customer service tells you their poster has a change and is ready for your order for your state, then jump at the opportunity to be in compliance. If anyone of the agencies pays you a visit and gigs you for an out of date compliance poster, your comback or response is not to excuse or deny the happening but to show where you have oredered anf GNeil has them on the way and that you will personally jump at the opportunity to get the information posted for all employees to read.
  • Another satisfied customer! We also use GNeil, and they do send alerts when a law or regulation has changed significantly.
  • [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 04-27-04 AT 06:36AM (CST)[/font][br][br]Yep, we use GNeil, too. And I do as Don suggests, ignore all those other official looking pieces of junk mail.
  • Well, I for one do NOT use GNeil. Of course, we're horribly out of compliance, so I am going to contact them today and get the situation squared away. Thanks.
  • I have found that with a little digging you can get all the required posters (state and federal) on the internet at no cost - you just have to print them yourself. They even meet the font requirements. I recently ordered new laminated posters to be safe, and when I compared them, I had them all from the internet. They really don't take up more room than the 5-in-ones.
  • I did exactly what HRH did but also baught the latest from GNeil due to space limitations.
  • I use GNeil, and I also found them on the internet.