Separation Letter

I would appreciate if somebody could share a sample of a letter of separation/lay-off. Per our union contract, we need to provide such letter to the affected employee(s). Thanks a lot!

My e-mail: [email]alamm@calhouncountymi.gov[/email]

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't have a soft copy to send you...but make sure you include the reason for separation...and have it be something you documented and could defend if called to do so...include information pertaining to continuation of health benefits, what will happen to the last paycheck, if/when/how the employee will receive payment for unused leave time....any details pertaining to a severance package...

many on the forum will tell you that following the phrase "termination of employment" not much is absorbed....it is a great resource to give them a written summary to read later...

• Are you looking for a release letter? Are you offering consideration to the employee? Are you asking them to give up their rights to sue you? Is there anything in the collective bargaining agreement addressing this issue?

Just a few questions. I might have something that would help, but am unsure of your intentions and the facts surrounding this "separation"

Marty