Convoluted Disciplinary Tracking...Help!!

We are in the process of changing from Ceridian to ADP for HR/Payroll purposes. We have already devised a coded tracking system for the actual disciplinary actions...however, I am stuck when it comes to tracking these actions by Supervisor.

My supervisor wants the option of tracking each disciplinary action by supervisor but the process is becoming more and more cumbersome. Our HRIS person is numbers oriented and without asking, formulated the field which will identify the Supervisor by their employee number...which is NOT their social security number but a made up number no one ever knows or carries around in their head.

We can barely get the Supes to discipline appropriately in the first place, let alone use the correct policy and forms...and now we would expect them to put their employee ID number on the form as well??

VERRRRY long question short...how do others do it??? I know nothing of ADP capabilities and am being told, "That's the way it is."

Could someone pass some cheese, please? I just had my whine.

Thanks!

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My advice would be to NOT have the supervisors directly keying in the information. I've always had disciplinary documents and potential outcomes run through HR first. That way, HR knows what's up, concurs in the defensibility and can key in the result, if it's been decided to track these issues. HR can then convert the information to a number that the IT geniuses can deal with.

Unless you have one hell of a lot of disciplinary things going on, I have found that HR is the best point to enter and track this sort of information. They're the ones who will ultimately have to use and defend it anyway; so, they should be on the front line in developing, implementing and managing it daily.
  • Yes, Don, you are absolutely correct on all points so let me clarify further. HR will be doing all the keying in...but coming up with the Supervisor's ee number...as opposed to just using their name...is going to be an extremely time-intensive task....

That's why I was wondering if ADP truly does not have "name" capability or is that just the way the HRIS guy decided to do it?

Thanks for the input...as always you are dead-on.
  • Agree with Don on the keying being done by HR Dept. However, we changed to ADP HR & Payroll at the beginning of this year and what they can do most of what they promise, but a lot of the processes STAYS convoluted and are difficult to work with. Oh well, hang in there.
  • I use ADP and each employee has a "clock" number. That's how ADP identifies each employee. You could use their clock number.