URGENT - Federal / State Mandated Postings

Please help me...

I need to obtain some written documentation on where to post the Federal and State Postings.

I know they need to be made available to all employees and we do not have a break room available to everyone.

My suggestion was to post one by each time clock in all of our locations an in the drivers room.

The law, as I remember, it states the postings need to be available to all intended employees. Has this changed?

With all of the "pop-ups" for the NEW Federal Law postings asking are you in compliance we have people here who are freaking out and want them all over the place.

Do we need to post these all over the building.

Please HELP~

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Your time clock idea is a good one. When there are space limitations, I have also seen bulletin boards in the bathrooms.
  • You are only required to post them in an area frequented by or used on a regular basis by your employees, such as a breakroom, bulletin board area such as near timeclocks, in traffic ways such as the hallway, cafeteria, or inside the place of entrance such as might have a board on the wall. You don't have to post them throughout the facility. In my experience with past places of work, and present, it's common to post them in at least two locations so that all employees will be able to see them in the normal course of their employment. I'm in manufacturing and its also important to have duplicate posters in the 'front office' area as well as out in the plant so that ALL employees see them. Now I won't be surprised if a California respondent says they must be posted over each urinal.
  • I agree with the other posts. I think the wording actually says they have to be in a conspicuous place. Just make sure you have some where your exempt employees can see them too. We have them at the time clocks and where we take applications (which is also where our administrative staff works) so that applicants can see them also.

• We post a copy at each of the two entrances. Everybody has to walk by one of them every day. 90% of the ee's come in the cafeteria entrance and the poster is hung on the wall to the right of where they come in adjacent to the pay phone.