Employee Driving Requirements

My agency is in a dilemna. We are located in NH and have employees that live in Massachusetts and Maine. I thought we had devised an employee driving requirement policy that would apply the point system of the state in which the employee has their license. Alas, our board rejected this idea and we are completely in a state of confusion. None of us know where to turn from here. Do any of you worthy HR or legal experts have any suggestions? An example we continuously bring up; An employee has their license in Maine, gets pulled over in the State of New Hampshire for speeding at 28MPH. The law in Maine gives you 6 points for exceeding over 15 mph and under 30 mph. New Hampshire is 4 points at 25 miles over the posted speed limit. Which point system would you follow? Our concensus was to apply to the state in which the points would be reported. Our board does not want anyone that has ever had a DWI, OUI conviction to be driving on agency business, what about statute of limitation? Should someone have to carry this around with them for a lifetime, what are the legal ramifications in stating these items in a policy? We have been working on this policy for the past several months and wanted it ready for September, it doesn't look like this will happen. Any suggestions or guidance will be greatly appreciated from all. I thank the forum once again.