Need Help with New Position Salary & Commission

We are a small credit union and are considering creating a business development/marketing position.

If we move forward the goal is two fold. First, we need someone to coordinate our marketing efforts. Second, we need someone to grow our credit union by creating relationships throughout our field of potential members.

I am wondering if anyone could share with me how they handle compensation for a similar position. One of the major sales components to the position is signing up employer groups and then working to penetrate those groups to increase active membership in the Credit Union. While we would like the commission to be based in part on signing up new groups, the emphasis should lie on longterm growth and penetration. Are they following up and really building a relationship with the individuals and group?

Credit unions don't always have big budgets and we only have 17 employees right now so we need to be careful about how the compensation structure of this position fits into our organization and draws the focus of the employee to the critical element of relationship building.

While I'm asking for help, a job description for something similar would also be such a big help.

Anything all you HR gurus are able to share or point me to would be much appreciated!

Comments