fair representation.
This new H.R. Director was brought in to replace
the former one that is is to retire in a few months. In spite
of my good reviews and valuable reputation here with the company,
this new director seems to harbor an unfair grudge against me,
and makes a point to find fault with me almost every day. For other
employees in the company, they have an H.R. rescource to consult
when they are experiencing problems with their supervisors, but in
my case, I feel I do not have anyone to talk to or go to for help.
What is your opinion on this situation? What is the law? I appreciate any information you can share.

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • First of all, there is no federal law that requires you to go to anyone, or for anyone to even listen to your concerns. If you reported to me, I would hope that you would come to me and express your feelings issues and concerns. It's very appropriate for you to "chat" with the new Director inquiring about your respon's, does he/she have suggestions for any change, etc....and trying to determine if a problem even exists. Finding fault with you may or may not be accurate or intentional. It may be your perception or it may be the Director struggling with who, what, when, where,............ At any case, this would be the right thing to do. If a problem exists, you s/b informed about it b/4 it becomes an unbearable situation. If your conversation with the Director is unsuccessful &/or the problem deteriorates even further, you have a choice about whether this is the right person to work for, or you might discuss the perceived unfairness with the Director's superior. One of my initial questions to an HR employee is whether they have discussed their concerns with the Director. If not, I encourage this to be done. There are many more advantages (for you) to do this than to search for an intermediary and risk alienating yourself from your new boss. Good luck.