Keystroke Test

Does anyone know where we can obtain a test that is used for ascertaining an applicant's keystroke speed/accuracy? Thanks.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • If you use a temporary help service, check with them. They may use one to evaluate their applicants. As with all tests, they should be job related, therefore, you need to make sure that the keystroke speed that you use matches the level of the work that you are using it for.
  • I used a PC based software called Tapdance. I don't believe that the cost is prohibative. You can explore the site and the product at [url]www.tapdance.com[/url]
    I have no vested interest in the Company and had to search for the site to refer it to you.
  • I have played on a web site called [url]www.typingtest.com[/url]. I don't know how valid the measurements are or what they are based on but it gives total typing speed, accuracy % and net typing speed. Check it out. I'm sure they would be willing to sell you something.

Donna
  • We use Mavis Beacon, which is for testing and also for learning, you can purchase it at any soft ware store and it is not very expensive. You can keep track of how employees do and if they improve. We basically just use it to see if the prospective employee knows where the keys are. It will give you keys per minute, accuracy, and adjusted keys per minute. Sometime employees like to come in and just practice on it, to see how they are doing.
  • You might try an office supply store - like Office Depot or Staples. I beleive they have a typing test software program.

AMW
  • Check out [url]www.skillcheck.com[/url]. They offer a variety of testing products, which are easy to administer and inexpensive.