JCAHO Personnel File Requirements

I recently asked a question regarding the content of personnel files (HR Surprise-4/6/01). One of the responses refered to JCAHO involvement and requirements. I have searched the JCAHO web site but was not able to find their requirement for personnel file content and centralization. Can anyone tell me where to look - I need all the "hard" evidence I can find before I present this case to senior managment. Thank You!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The surveyor will use the Competence Assessment Process Review Request Form to evaluate your files. The documents requested on it are: Job Description, Verfication of Current License, etc., Intiial Assessment of Competency, most recent Performance Evaluation and Age Specific Competency when appropriate.

• JCAHO provides written application and material used in the self study process. The information which is necessary for the files is included in this data. There may be a cost associated with receiving the document.

• I have recently started subscribing to a newletter called "JCAHO Advisor for Healthcare Human Resources". It has very good information. There is much more to a JCAHO survey of the human resources area besides the file audit. THe company that produces the newsletter is C&R Publications at (781) 485-0880.