job classification

What would you call a position that is not temporary (this person will work every Friday), yet does not involve at least 20 hours a week to be defined by company policy as a part-time??

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would suggest changing company policy to part-time as working 20 hours or less. This is the stance that most companies take. Otherwise, I would try to think of some type of term that would help classify this employee. Maybe something like "supplimental employee."

• My company has the following categories:
    REGULAR PART-TIME employees are those who are not assigned to a temporary or introductory status and who are regularly scheduled to work LESS than the full-time work schedule, but at LEAST 30 hours per week. Regular part-time employees are eligible for some benefits sponsored by PWDB, subject to the terms, conditions, and limitations of each benefit program. AND

PART-TIME employees are those who are not assigned to a temporary or introductory status and who are regularly scheduled to work LESS than 30 hours per week. While they do receive all legally mandated benefits (such as social Security and Workers' Compensation Insurance), they are INELIGIBLE for all of PWDB's other benefit programs.