Relocation packages

Does anyone have a sample relocation package they would be willing to share with me? Our company is hiring people from out of state on a fairly regular basis, and I would be interested to see what other companies offer for a relocation package.
Secondly, does anyone have any experience with employees temporarily (for six months) relocating for training purposes? I'd like to know what kind of packages other companies are offering in this type of situation as well. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can give me!
Lucy

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We just came up with a relocation pkg that gives the employee $3000.00 up front and another $1000.00 at the end of one year after relocation. We have them sign a one year agreement that if they leave within 90 days of receiving the initial sum, they repay 100%. If they leave anytime within one year, they repay a prorated portion, broken down in even amounts for the remainder of the 12 months. We do off site training constantly, and industry requirement, although we do not go 6 months at a time, normally a few weeks.
    We pay regular base salary, perdiems, and lodging. If you come up with a better pkg there, I would be interested
    in learning of it. You may respond to [email]rlorimor@grandaire.com[/email].