New Jersey Unemployment Notices

Hello:

We are a CT based employer.  We now have 3 stores in New Jersey and are facing our first unemployment notice from the UI office.  Can someone help me with the following?

On the Notice: "Notice to Employer of Monetary Determination and Request for Separation Information" what does "FRD" stand for?

On the Notice: "Notice to Employer of Fact-Finding Proceeding" it states the UI office will contact us on a specific date and time.  How do they know who to contact and what number to call as there has been no previous communications?

On the Notice: "Request for Wage Separation Information" Section A. Question 1: Are you required to pay contributions on the above individual's wages?  What is the UI's definition of "contributions?"

Sorry for all the questions.  I tried unsuccessfully calling the DOL UI office for the past few days as well as researching their website.  Not user friendly at all when it comes to questions such as the above.  THANK YOU!

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I am not in NJ or CT....

No clue as to FRD.   

But are you sending wage data to NJ each quarter for employees there? If so, you must have registered as an employer there, have gotten a state ID number and given an address at that time.  I suspect Contributions is just another name for the employer taxes that are paid each quarter/year to the state.

If you aren't reporting wages to NJ, are you reporting them through the CT office? I know when I report for TX, they ask me if there are wages in other states.  If so, CT UI might be passing that information to NJ and would have passed your employer contact information along with it.  But if you have 3 stores, you definitely should be registered as having NJ employees.

• I agree with HRforME while you might not have sent anything to teh UI office your payroll department would have had to setup an account to remit state taxes and they will most likely use that contact information.