Business card "resumes"

Hey, just read that OfficeMax is producing mini-resumes on business card stock for jobseekers to hand out.

Don't know if I want to keep track of these little things, especially if I put them in my pocket at a trade show or job fair. Easy to lose before I can photocopy onto regular size paper or retype so I have a soft copy.

What do you all think of this?

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It makes me think of resumés printed on super-fancy "certificate paper," but just inverted.  Instead of being super-flashy, can't miss it, stands out from the bottom of the stack... it's not flashy, can easily miss it, mistake it for a meaningless busisness card, etc.  Good concept, but not practical.

Just my two cents...

-Justin

• My $0.02: the card is only as meaningful to the candidate's job search as the conversation that gave rise to the opportunity to hand it to someone.

• When my brother graduated from high school they gave him a pocket-sized laminated copy of his diploma in a cover that made it look like a passport.  That was about as useful as business-card-resumes. 

All resumes, full-size, pocket-size, flashy or lame are becoming obsolete.  It’s not practical to expect recruiters or hiring managers to hold on to pocket size resumes; trade shows and job fairs included.  When’s the last time you really “accepted” a resume from a candidate anyway.  Better idea – have business representatives carry generic business cards with your companies web address, job categories, locations, etc and ask the candidate to apply online!  That’s what you really want anyway, right?