Can anyone direct me to a good reading comprehension selection test?

We are looking to implement a new selection test for reading comprehension.  I did some searching online and I don't know how to decide what would be a good test.  Does anyone use these and which ones would you recommend?  Thank you. 

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We don't use a reading comprehension test for hiring so I don't have any first-hand recommendation. You do want to be careful that you have a test that is validated and that it is testing skills really required to do the job.
  • [quote user="BarbieW"]We don't use a reading comprehension test for hiring so I don't have any first-hand recommendation. You do want to be careful that you have a test that is validated and that it is testing skills really required to do the job.[/quote]

When I was doing HR in a heavy manufacturing environment, I used a job performance test.  I asked them to read the first paragraph of instructions for a caliper out loud and then asked them to demonstrate the use of the caliper as explained in the paragraph.

• Have you ever heard of WorkKeys?  It is licensed by ACT and has several components.  Reading for Information is one of them.  In PA many employers endorse this assessment and require a certificate.