Spoilers!

Hi all-- has this ever happened to you? I heard a college professor talking about a new trend—people are recording television programs in record numbers in order to watch them later. This could include their favorite show or a competition (Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, etc) or sporting event. The reasons could vary from not being home or being otherwise occupied when the show comes on or needing to get to bed at a decent hour (this applies mostly to sporting events). <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

He spoke about how many of these people are coming into work with the intention of not finding out what happened in their show, etc., and planning to watch it when they got home from work the next day. The problem is, they have co-workers who blab what happened and spoil it.

It struck a chord with me!

, I've got a nearby co-worker who blabs about nearly every television program in existence. “Can you believe they eliminated X on Dancing with the Stars?” “Did you see the scene in Heroes where [insert major character’s name] died?”  I can’t tell you how many times she’s spoiled what I wanted to watch, either talking directly to me or right in front of me, even though I’ve told her what shows I watch. I must have told her now 6 times about which shows I tape each week. [:#]

Just wondering if I’m the only one!

Comments