Timeclock and Attendance Tracking Systems

We're looking at a few vendors for a timeclock and attendance tracking system. Does anyone have any feedback on any of the following?

Legiant
Timeclock Plus
SofTIME

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We use Timeclock Plus:

Pros:
    Biometric data
    Easy enrollment/scanning
    Multitude of reports on software
    Accurate

Cons:
    Software is a little difficult to use - could use an update or a better user interface (we're on version 4.0.3, so they probably have a newer one than this!)
    The hand scanner is so sensitive that sometimes you have to scan hands 5 or 6 times before you get a reading. If hands are dirty, jewelry is worn, etc, it will screw up the sensor.
    Make sure the hand reader is in a place protected from the elements - it seems to be a little sensitive to heat/cold/precipitation.

All in all, I like the program, and I think if they updated their software, I would have no complaints. Feel free to e-mail me if you have more questions!

Sarah
  • We have been using ADP. I find the software very easy to use and the assistance is excellent. The phone number that I have is (877)893-3685. I hope this helps you in your choice.
  • We have used Time Centre for 3 years and are very happy with it. It uses hand scans but is not so sensitive that jewlery or dirty hands make a difference. It also interfaces well with our payroll system.
  • We have been using SofTime and TimeKron together for about 1 1/2 years. I believe they do offer a time clock too, however, we did not need one. Everyone fills in their own time on projects in TimeKron. Time taken off (vacation, sick, etc.) is logged in SofTime which automatically is linked to TimeKron. We have 42 staff and everyone loves it. I trained each person individually on how to use it. It took about 10-15 minutes for each person. Reports are produced in seconds, and everyone can check how many days off they have used and how many are left to be used at the click of a mouse.
  • Do you have a mix of exempt and non-exempt in your group? Do any work in the field?

Our group is 200, but contains a wide variety of positions and scheduling challenges.
  • Yes, we have a mix of exempt and non-exempt salaried staff, as well as hourly workers. Several work out in the field and dial in to our database daily. They can also access their email and TimeKron/SoftTime from outside the office.

I found their sales person to be very helpful. He gave me access to the software so I could play around with it and try out reports and see just how easily it worked. Then when I decided it was what I wanted, they converted that same software so all the data I had entered while practicing could be kept. I didn't have to re-enter anything. I researched a number of companies, but this is the only one I found that did the two things I needed . . . track paid and unpaid time off and hours worked on many different projects. It was a bonus that they are linked together. I know they have other modules that we didn't need.
  • We still punch in and out on paper timecards that have to be turned in to me. So, we are looking into getting some sort of electric time and attendance tracking system. We did a trial on the kind you clock in and out on your computer but that was a flop. We need something we can keep in the same place where our current time clock is but we don't want anything that is too pricey. We have a variety of employees: exempt, non exempt, salary, hourly. I know these posts are fairly old... any suggestions on some new/current technology?
  • scaldwell@bankatcnb;725241

Your first post! Welcome to the Forum. :welcome:

Sharon