new Format

What's with the new format with the blue banner down the side of each screen? I think it's horrible. Not only does it distract, but when one types a post, the first inch and a half is covered by the blue banner and you can't see what you've typed. What's up James?

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Brad Forrister posted a reply on the Forum Format thread. You might be interested to know that when I clicked on this thread, your post is about one inch wide and eight inches long.

My scrolling finger got a lot of exercise just getting down to my reply window!

Anyway, sounds like the problems will be fixed soon.

• I posted on this also. Right now it's worse than ever. Your post is now vertical?? Also your post on the employment law section was gone the second time I looked. This is very weird.

Elizabeth
  • Don,

We're working out some bugs. Bear with us.

But we've always had a blue navigation bar on the left. We just changed the look, and something we did monkeyed up the Forum.

Brad Forrister
    Director of Publishing
    M. Lee Smith Publishers

• [font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 11-10-03 AT 04:21PM (CST)[/font][p]and it is arbitrarily deleting replies. I had one to this topic that is now gone. I swear I did not use inappropriate language. I did however, ask if they had an undo button cause I think they need to use it on this new format.

My bad, it is on Don's other topic about this "The new format is horrible."
  • Could y'all change the text color back - the brown hurts my eyes.
  • The blue bar was always there when you log in to the HR Hero section. But, for those who had the Forum on favorites, it came right to it, bypassing the blue bar. And you could maximize the forum to take the whole screen, but no more. Construction zones should either have notices in advance or orange barrels out. The woman is horrible. Makes it look like she's bending over the foot of the bed pulling your toe in the morning to wake you up. Hope she doesn't work at the Forum. The brown color is anything but good energy. Brown dulls the senses and puts people to sleep. maybe that's what they intended. Brown tells people subconsciously to 'not buy'. That includes things for sale on ML Smith's website.
  • When did this happen?

"ERROR: You can't edit this message.
    You can only edit message within 30 minutes after your initial post."

Why is this necessary in the life of the forum?

• Probably when Don did his own clean-up on a prior post. He beat the forum gendarmes to it and violated some union clause. The steward was notified and now they are in a big debate because the customer was able to help him/herself. Just kidding, I know I have edited a response or two well after 1/2 hour. Mostly to clean-up typing or grammatical errors that were causing embarrassment and once to take out a sentence I should not have used.

Seems reasonable to allow for second thoughts for a much longer period of time.