Company Library Program

I am trying to create a Company Library Program for all employees in my Company. It would work just like a library, employees can borrow books to improve their skills or learn new one.
Do you have a policy or program in place already that you can share with me?
[email]johana.fina@furniturevaluesintl.com[/email]

Thanks

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We are small bank with a Senior Club. The club has taken over a small room and turned it into a Library- everyone brings books they no longer need or want. We have a volunteer who actually catalogs all the books (she uses an excel spreadsheet and records author and title) and we have a sheet to check in and out books. We have opened this room to all employees too, but for the most part it is just the seniors who use it. I can't believe some of the books they have brought in - allot of Harlequin romances and religious stuff! We have added VHS tapes, too. We don't buy any books, they are all donated. No overdue fines, no one is making sure if you take out or bring back a book - it is all on the honor system. The only drawback is that it takes up a small room. We have a separate place for all books accumulated by our employees such as personal development, organizatinal inprovement, fish, cheese, etc. These books are under a strciter code - the employee comes to me looking for help and I take them to the books. I make sure I get it back.
  • We are an architectural/engineering firm and we have an internal library for our staff.

It is primarily training/educational media. All books are logged into a database. Staff can access our library "card catelog" online, wearch by title, author, key word, etc. All staff have had training on how to use the card catelog. If they find a book/tape/magazine they would like, they can request it online, and it is delivered to their "IN" basket. If the book is already checked out, the card catelog indicates this, as well as when the book is due back, I believe. There are "Return baskets" placed around the building for returning books when finished with them. We have an Admin person who maintains the library.

HR Hat