Training Contract

We are a medium sized manufacturing company. We would like to develop training contracts for our employees showing that they agree to abide by certain general criteria during their training period. Examples of this criteria would be that that agree to read procedures and take written tests, take notes while training, as questions if they do not understand, etc. Does anyone out there use this sort of contract? If so, could you please e-mail me a copy at [email]Dwillems@Anamax.com[/email]. Thank you.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would be very careful with any document labeled a "contract." It may make the employer contractually bound for something it does not want to be bound with. A contract takes 2 parties and requires give and take. Contractal rights go both ways. So my question would be, what is the employer agreeing to and why?

Have you considered just having the employees acknowledge the company rules about the training period. For example, a document for the employee to sign that says "Expectations during training" -- and lets the employee know that if he or she does not meet the expectations, he or she can be let go.

Good Luck.
  • Theresa,

I appreciate your comments. What I am looking for is referred to as a "Training Contract" in HR circles. However, when we present it to our employees we will present it more in the light of your suggestion, "Expectations during training". Does anyone out there use this type of thing and if so, can I get a copy of what you use? Thanks.