Employee Benefits Survey

Has anyone out there done any internal benefits survey? Basically a survey of their employees, obtaining their opinions and feedback on the employee benefits.

If yes, would you mind sharing your survey tool and some precious knowledge and experience learned from the administration of such a survey? You can fax the hardcopy to 703-351-2483 or email [email]gchian@dominionelectric.com[/email].

I will appreciate any help from this great HR community. Thank you.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm back as the Forum heretic. (Aren't you sorry I have a few days off the road!) If you are thinking of enhancing benefits and have some money to do so, then survey the employees to see what would be the most effective way to spend that money. If you're spending about all you can on benefits, then don't survey because you build a false expectation in your employees that they are going to get additional benefits. When it doesn't happen, they get mad that you didn't come through with something new.

One other way you can use a benefits survey is if your health care costs are spiraling out of control and you have to make choices about raising deductibles or scaling back coverages. I'd do an employee survey to find out which the employees prefer. Then you've prepared them ahead of time for the bad news and it's the employees who have decided what to do rather than the company.

Margaret Morford
    theHRedge
    615-371-8200
    [email]mmorford@mleesmith.com[/email]
    [url]http://www.thehredge.net[/url]
  • I was just thinking about doing a survey as well. I am considering a FSA and would like to find out what my EE are most interested in, what they are purchasing outside the company, what their out-of-pocket expenses for medical and dependent care are, etc. If you do get someone to send you a sample survery, could you send it my way too. Thx.