SAFETY?

I recently have taken on a large medical clinic (Approx 170 docs and staff). Along with HR, I have been asked to be sure we are in compliance with OSHA standards. HELP! I know we are lacking in training, and written policies and procedures. Does anyone maybe have a check-list for safety training in a medical facility? Maybe a sample safety manual? I have found alot of training programs, but I really need industry specific. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • My W/C carrier provided me with a template for all the required written programs.

I am also starting from scratch creating a training program but in the childcare industry. Somewhat similar to you in that we must move/pick up/diaper/dress and otherwise work with human beings which can result in all kinds of strains/pains etc. In my case we are working with children, in your case, probably all ages.

I've found various videos specifically for your industry - mostly in my W/C carrier's video library. Maybe your carrier has a video library too?

• I also am new to the Medical HR role and as a bonus
    on my 7 mo. mark OSHA made a visit.
    One of the things we got Dinged on was safety engeneered
    sharps in one of our outlying clinics.
    One of the places you might want to visit is
    [url]www.osha-slc.gov/html/faq-bbp.html[/url]
    A good place to start is gather your companys current
    Blood Borne Pathogen policy & Hazard Communication Polcy
    and match them to the regs. The main area of investigation
    for us was the BBP. This policy must be updated yearly with
    EE input and all new engineered safety devices IE. needles,
    scalples, I.V.'s must be discussed and implimented.
    Another way to verify compliance is OSHA gives grants
    to non-profits to help businesses assure OSHA compliance.
    These NPO's act as consultants and cost the company nothing.