Need Training Material!

I am in search of training material that I can use myself, in-house to train my supervisors on union avoidance. I am not looking for what to do to win a vote. I am looking for something that will help us from ever getting to that point. Could anyone please suggest where I should begin to look? I have already contacted SHRM and my local Chamber but haven't heard back from them. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 1 Comment sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You've probably already done this but... have you conducted any internal surveys to determine job satisfaction and/or areas for improvement as seen through the eyes of the employees?

Its important that you are prepared to answer it, if that means an addition to the benefit package, policy change, etc. It's been very helpful in determining what training our supervisors require.

More often than not, I've found that when employees feel they have a voice they don't feel the need to bring in someone else to talk for them.

I'd be happy to forward our survey if you're interested.

Also, make sure your supervisors understand the cost associated with unionization and the effects on the bottom-line. Its seems to motivate many supervisors to be more approachable and/or employee friendly.